Do you have a shop?
Not a bricks and mortar shop.
We only sell through this website.
Why should I buy from you?
Well, we specialise in used 35mm film cameras, used lenses - manual and auto focus and we have a proven track record ofselling since 2010.
How much are your postage charges?
All items sent within the UK are dispatched by Royal Mail.
Items under £19.99 in value are sent by 2nd class parcel service for £3.00 and
items with a value higher than £19.99 are sent by 2nd class signed for service for just £4.00
Our international rates are very competitive and closely follow Royal Mail prices.
Please contact us for a quote.
How can I pay?
We accept Paypal and Debit and credit cards.
Card payments can be made via Paypal.
Do you guarantee my purchase?
Yes, ALL items are covered by a 90 day warranty.
If the item fails to work in that time, we will replace the item (depending if the same or similar item is available) or refund you the full cost of the item plus your return postage cost so you are not out of pocket.
In addition to this, you are covered by Paypal buyer protection.
The following is taken from the Paypal UK site -
"When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.
To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection:
- Use PayPal to complete your payment.
- Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Centre* within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing."
Do you offer a discount for multiple purchases?
Yes, just drop us an email and we can negotiate a price for you quickly.
Are all your products used?
No, occasionally we do have some new items as well as "new, old stock" - items that have been sitting in boxes for years and never sold or used.
We hope to introduce some more new items soon.
What is the best film camera to buy?
More to the point, what best suits your needs.
For example, if you want to shoot wildlife you wouldn't want a compact or "point and shoot" camera.
A SLR camera with a telephoto or large zoom would be ideal.
So, just for reference, here's a list of scenarios and the types of camera best suited to them.
- Wildlife, sports and nature - SLR camera with interchangeable lenses e.g. 400mm telephoto or 100-300mm zoom
- Street photography - 35mm rangefinder cameras as they are relatively small and quick to use. Alternatively, TLR cameras because the waist level viewfinder means the subject often does not realise you are taking their photo!
- Creative photography - SLR camera again due to their great adaptability and huge amount of accessories available.
- Fun photography - LOMO cameras, these can be made by the LOMO company or any basic model of camera that has a low quality lens that gives odd but unusual effects.
- Product photography - a medium format TLR such as a Rolleiflex or Hasselblad are ideal.
- Fashion photography - again, a TLR or 35mm SLR can give great results.
- Architectural Photography - any camera with an interchangeable lens system. Tilt/Shift lenses can be fitted to give undistorted images of buildings that look odd when using conventional lenses.
- Photojournalism - any camera that is easy and fast in operation to make sure you capture the shot quickly, ideally with a super sharp lens such as 35mm leica rangefinders.